Club Assistant General Manager
at Virgin Active 101
- Club Assistant General Manager
- This role is about Day-to-Day Operations, Health and Safety
- Bangkok - 101 The Third Place (BTS Punnawithi)
- Full time / Permanent
Manage day-to-day operations of overall club to ensure maximisation of revenue opportunities, controlled costs and a safe and healthy environment which exceeds expectations of members and guests.
Recruit, develop, motivate, deploy and retain high performing team members.
Further develop and implement overall club strategy and manage associated budgeting and on time reporting.
including but not limited to
Manage Day to Day Operations
- Further develop, implement and manage club strategy, working closely with Club Manager to produce accurate budgeting and on time reporting.
- Ensure the club is effectively controlled and managed financially, and pre-determined targets are achieved on a monthly basis.
- Perform Duty Manager responsibilities as required.
Member Retention and Sales Support
- Maintain awareness of current member retention statistics, educate other team members on the importance of member retention and continually aim to retain all members.
- Maintain awareness of current sales performance statistics, educate other team members on the importance of membership sales and continually aim to maximise all sales opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Virgin Active's Brand Standards.
- Interpret and deliver the Brand Standards on a daily basis.
- Ensure all systems and procedures are followed in line with WH&S working guidelines and procedures.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all members and guests.
- Coach and support HODs to ensure service delivery standards are met and evaluated.
Management of Resolutions and Feedback
- Positively respond to and resolve escalated member feedback and complaints.
- Escalate member feedback and complaints appropriately to Active Central.
- Provide monthly report and action plans to Active Central.
3. Finance, Admin and Reporting
- Ensure achievement of club targets.
- Ensure all necessary accounting procedures are followed within the club.
- Ensure all accounting information reaches Active Central within agreed timeframes.
- Authorise all purchase orders in line with guidelines.
- Compile and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Produce accurate budgeting as required.
- Ensure established system procedures are followed and administrative processes are updated as required.
- Recruit team by reviewing resumes and participating in treasure hunting process as required.
- Ensure team receive thorough club and team induction and are fully competent prior to servicing members and/or prospects.
- Ensure team are appropriately trained and fully understand all aspects of club operations.
- Ensure team are fully aware of emergency procedures, their WH&S responsibilities and attend regular training sessions as required.
5. Other Bits and Pieces
- Carry out other reasonable duties, participate in special projects and attend meetings as required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in comparable position
- Experience in delivering impeccable customer service and responding to feedback and complaints
- Experience in recruiting, developing, motivating, deploying and retaining a high performing team or demonstrated progress through Virgin Active leadership pipeline
- Excellent communication (in-person)
- Understanding of health and fitness industry
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – intermediate
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database – intermediate
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Human Movement/Exercise/Sports Science degree highly regarded
- Current Senior First Aid certificate and CPR/AED certification desirable
If you're interested in this position simply apply online now.